Saturday, September 1, 2012

All good things come to an end...

Kargil to Leh

It was a feeling of been here, driven past. And though there was nothing new along this road, the scenic beauty never ceases to impress.

The green valleys...























The curving roads admist barren mountains....






















The high-altitude passes...





















The picturesque monasteries...




















The miracle of human endeavor - BRO working hard to maintain these roads





















Made all the more enjoyable by the company of friends :)






















The Stok Kangri trek and this biking/hitchhiking trip was a fantastic three weeks in Ladakh. I almost had withdrawal symptoms when I came back to Pune! And now that a month has passed already wondering when will be the next trip to the hills. Am I addicted to the Himalayas? I think my family is going to check me into rehab! :P


Previous

4 comments:

  1. Amazing photos. I love Ladakh and your photos are making me want to go back there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Indeed, one can never have enough of Ladakh :)

      Delete
  2. I know how that addiction feels, going to be fighting it all winter! Lovely pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the pictures! I am not strong enough to resist the addiction :P Plan to head there this winter for the Chadar trek :)

      Delete