Saturday, September 10, 2011

Punakha

Today I head to Punakha for a day trip. The Punakha Dzong is said to be one of the more beautiful dzongs in Bhutan. The bus leaves at 8 in the morning. These buses are intended to be for commute by locals. I am the only tourist in the bus!

The bus passes the impressive Dochu La on the way. There are 108 chortens at Dochu La! Sadly, the bus did not stop there and I have no pictures. Travelling by bus also ruled out a trip to Chimi Lakhang, the monastery of the Divine Madman!

The bus dropped me right at the gate of the dzong a little before noon. The dzong is located at the confluence of the Mo Chhu and Pho Chhu rivers. The scenery around gives it a idyllic view. There isn't much else to see in Punakha and my return bus was 2 hours later. So I went on a clicking spree!












































Back in Thimphu for my last evening there. Next I head to Paro






No comments:

Post a Comment